Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Who crashed my PC? Part-3 Recovering my Data.


Part-3 Recovering my data.

So, after making what I consider my potential PC purchase options, if my old PC could not be repaired, I now had to make some serious decisions on getting my data back and the possible costs.

OK, I know what needs to be done to recover data from a hard drive. Being a Geek myself, I also know the costs if I do it myself. I will not go into the technical details, but after an hour or so of checking out the different software and hardware tools available on the web and in stores, I was not happy with what I saw.

Oh yeah, I mentioned that I typically bought the low-cost PC's when I purchased one. One way they are sold so cheap was by not having a CD/DVD drive. Because of this you cannot have a recovery disk, Rather, you have to have made your own recovery file and stored it on a USB memory stick.

Anyway, it was going to require an expenditure of just under $100, if I was lucky, or up to $200 if things were "worst case". And I still might not be able to recover my data. My data could all be gone, if the hard drive had really crashed versus having a few bad partitions.

The other option? There is the Squad of Geeks at Best Buy.
OK, they are a well-managed group of technicians who operate under a very structured work/pricing system. But, boy are they expensive!

I called a couple of local shops who "worked on PCs" but I came away with feelings of distrust for some and for others a feeling of being insulted by their answers to my questions. So, I eliminated them as an option. Besides, their projected pricing was close (75%-150%) to the Squad of Geeks.

Now, again, I know how to recover my data, but the problem was just how much time (and money) did I really want to spend getting my data back.

After much teeth gnashing over the costs, I packed my crashed PC up and went to the Geeks, for one important reason. I knew that they were; 1-honest, and 2-efficient. I knew I would get my data quickly, if it could be recovered at all, and it would be done by professionals.

Again, I hate their pricing, but I went to them anyway. I loved their pricing ad. It said that they charged $199 for a 1-year service contract on a PC. Or, if you would like, they charged $199 to repair your PC software and recover your data. If it could be recovered at all. Don't you just love having options.

Anyway, I went to them and talked up my own "Geekness" with the counter guy and he gave me a little better price.

They were able to tell me immediately that I had 51GB of personal data to recover, and it would only cost me $156 to recover it, seeing as I had brought my own external USB hard drive to store it on. But, I would have to come back the next day to pick it up.

We spoke Geek for a few more minutes, and I finally paid them and left.

So, the next day I got my Hard Drive, with my data, along with my still crashed PC back in my hands.
Oh, and the tech said that it looked like I had Malware which had attacked my MS Windows software and specifically my 8.1 operating system.

But I also had several bad partitions on the PCs hard drive, so it was just a matter of time before I had even bigger problems.

I asked whether it looked like I could have the hard drive replaced and start over by reinstalling everything; the operating system, my office package, my photo editing software and all of my other specialized software that I used.

He looked me in the eye ad said; "Well, you could spend several days reinstalling your stuff, in this 2-year old PC, or you can go ahead and purchase a new one and get another solid two years before it starts to act up itself. Your choice."

His comment stopped me in my tracks.
I suddenly realized that PCs today are just not going to last much longer than a couple of years, and I had to accept that fact for the future in my decision making process.
Oh, for the average user, you know, the guy who checks the email a couple of times a week, and shops for something once a week, my PC would probably last for 4-5 years, or even longer. But, I am a geek, and a writer, so i am banging on my keyboard 4-6 hours a day.

Frowning, I took my stuff, and walked out of the store with this new information to use in making my now confirmed purchasing decisiondecision.


by Don Bobbitt, 2014

Copyright, Don Bobbitt, 2014







No comments:

Post a Comment

LET ME KNOW! I want to provide useful and interesting information for my fellow Retirees, Seniors and Baby Boomers. So, Compliments are welcome, and Complaints or just other opinions are just as welcome. SO, LET ME KNOW what is on your mind!